Daggaboy Blog on Facebook Daggaboy Blog on YouTube Daggaboy Blog on Photobucket Email Daggaboy Blog

Thursday 16 February 2012

An action in hand


The NSW Firearms Registry managed to process my Permit To Acquire in record time and I received my PTA late last week; no action in sight and the official paperwork burning a hole in my pocket. The Greengrass Antique and Modern Arms Fair is on this weekend.  What I should have done is grabbed the kids and headed over for a bit of a look-see as to what was on the tables. That was the plan.

I've had my eye on a couple of old Martinis for sale on usedguns.com.au and firearmsales.com.au; one a BSA chambered in .22 Hornet and the other a Sportco conversion in .222 Rimmed. The .222 looked like it had seen a lot more love, but it was listed at nearly twice the cost of the Hornet. 

Wait till the weekend or just lock in the BSA? It doesn't take much to miss an opportunity and more often than not when I pass something up it's never there when I go back to grab it,  so I rang the seller and we agreed to a price. Done. We have an action.


She's not much to look at right now and with only a quick look at the rifle the other night, I can tell you it's well used and seen better days.I just hope that the corrosion on the outer walls of the action has not caused any pitting in the vast steel flats - it would be a shame to have to lose both the Commonwealth of Australia stamping and the Birmingham Small Arms logo (with it's three Martinis). Got to sort out the calibre next, new barrel and get working on a stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment